"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."
Courtney Jones, MSW, LCSW-C, CCTP. (she/ hers)
Courtney Jones, LCSW-C, CCTP is a Board-Certified Supervisor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional over 10 years of experience working with children, preteens, adults and families. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a dual Master of Social Work in Management and Community Organization, Clinical Social Work with a specialization in Mental Health.
Courtney is particularly passionate about working with survivors through complex trauma and folks who are dually diagnosed develop an understanding between the correlation of substance use and untreated trauma.
Courtney enjoys working with college and masters level students, parents of children with special needs, and professional caretakes such as teachers, nurses, social workers and therapists. Courtney works with children as young as five, preteens, and enjoys working with adults (20's - 50's) as they navigate the obstacles that life has to offer while facilitating learning around emotional regulation and emotional intelligence.
Courtney utilizes an integrative approach to mental health treatment to include the use of psychometrics and a mix of the following modalities: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Somatic Therapy, Existential and Humanistic approaches in an effort to assist with symptom reduction and personal empowerment. Her work with individuals and families is influenced on how the brain works and developing an understanding of neuroplasticity with a focus on the implementation of strategies that will enable people to feel a sense of peace and learn how to rewire the brain/body connection.
Courtney has extensive experience with program development, project management, and supervision.
A little bit more about me --
Groups I vibe with:
LGBTQIA+, neurodivergent populations, polyamorous or consensually non-monogamous folks, and BIPOC populations (allied).
What do you view as a key component of the therapeutic alliance/relationship?
Transparency, trust, respect, and humor.
How do your life philosophy and treatment philosophy overlap?
Live a life of integrity and, "do no harm."
What do you love most about being a mental health professional?
Therapy and self-discovery are gifts we give to ourselves. It's an honor to be part of someone's journey and this work is so important.
Not accepting new patients.
All services are currently Telehealth
Education & Certifications:
- BA in Psychology from Salisbury University
- Dual Master of Social Work from University of Maryland in Management and Community Organization, Clinical Social Work w/ a specialization in Mental Health
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Nationally Certified
- Application in Applied Neuroscience for the Treatment of Anxiety, Depression, and PTSD
- Accessing the Deep Brain with Brainspotting: Interpersonal Neurobiology in Action. (in process)
- Comprehensive Course in Animal-Assisted Therapy: A Practical Model to Incorporate Animals in Your Current Treatment. (in process)
- Certified ADHD Professional (ADHD-CCSP) Intensive Training Course: Evidenced-Based Strategies for Managing ADHD Across the Lifespan. (in process)
- Dare to Lead – Brene Brown
- Accessing the Healing Power of the Vegus Nerve – Stanley Rosenberg
- Atomic Habits – James Clear
- It Didn't Start With You – Mark Wolynn
- Somatic Internal Family Systems – Susan McConnell
You can find me creating inside jokes with my babes, running with Leona, enjoying time with my besties, or out on the water with some music on a paddleboard.
- Individual, family, group
- Preteen & younger
- Young adult
- Parents w/ special needs children
- Trauma survivors/complex trauma
- Individuals in recovery (12-step programming)
Would refer to others for the following:
Couples therapy, sex therapy, eating disorders.