"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."
Courtney Jones, MSW, LCSW-C, CCTP. (she/ hers)
Courtney Jones is a Board-Certified Supervisor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional with over ten years of experience working with children, preteens, adults, and families. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a dual Master of Social Work in Management and Community Organization and Clinical Social Work, specializing in Mental Health. In addition, Courtney is nationally certified in Trauma-Focused CBT and holds Equine Partnered Facilitation certification.
Courtney has extensive experience with program development, project management, and supervision. Before opening a private practice, she built other programs, including PRP and outpatient mental health services. In addition, Courtney was awarded the Forsythia Award from the University of Maryland due to her work in inner-city schools. This work included developing peer mediation groups which showed a reduction in office referrals among middle school children and a reduction in reported altercations among the targeted population.
A little bit more about me --
Groups I vibe with:
LGBTQIA+, neurodivergent populations, polyamorous or consensually non-monogamous folks, and BIPOC populations (allied).
What do you view as a key component of the therapeutic alliance/relationship?
Transparency, trust, respect, and humor.
How do your life philosophy and treatment philosophy overlap?
- Live a life of integrity.
- Do no harm.
What do you love most about being a mental health professional?
Therapy and self-discovery are gifts we give to ourselves. It's an honor to be part of someone's journey, this work is important.
Not accepting new patients.
All services are currently Telehealth.
Education & Certifications:
- BA in Psychology from Salisbury University.
- Dual Master of Social Work from University of Maryland in Management and Community. Organization, Clinical Social Work w/ a specialization in Mental Health.
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional.
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Nationally Certified.
- Application in Applied Neuroscience for the Treatment of Anxiety, Depression, and PTSD.
- Awakening with Equines Certification. Equine Partner Facilitator.
- Awakening With Equine Certification Program (Completed)
- Accessing the Deep Brain with Brainspotting: Interpersonal Neurobiology in Action. (in process)
- Comprehensive Course in Animal-Assisted Therapy: A Practical Model to Incorporate Animals in Your Current Treatment. (Completed)
- Certified ADHD Professional (ADHD-CCSP) Intensive Training Course: Evidenced-Based Strategies for Managing ADHD Across the Lifespan. (in process)
- Dare to Lead – Brene Brown
- Accessing the Healing Power of the Vegus Nerve – Stanley Rosenberg
- Atomic Habits – James Clear
- It Didn't Start With You – Mark Wolynn
- Somatic Internal Family Systems – Susan McConnell
You can find me creating inside jokes with my babes, running with Leona, enjoying time with my besties or out on the water with some music and a paddleboard.
- Individual, family, group
- Preteen & younger
- Young adult
- Parents w/ special needs children
- Trauma survivors/complex trauma
- Individuals in recovery (12-step programming)
- Animal Assisted Psychotherapy (Equine or Canine)
Would refer to others for the following:
Couples therapy, sex therapy, eating disorders.